City Flags

Discussions on flags used in the Americas (South America, Central America, the Caribbean and North America)
Sammy

City Flags

Postby Sammy » 26 Jul 2015 12:04

I know State/Province flags get a lot of bad publicity, but some city flags are pretty bad too, to say the least (although some like Chicago are very good and among my favourite flags). I found what has to be the worst flag ever:
Flag_Pocatello_Idaho.jpg

The flag of Pocatello, Idaho. Yes it has a trademark and copyright symbol and yes it is a real flag :shock:
The terrible flag is even matched by a terrible seal:
Pocatello,_Idaho_city_seal.png

It looks more like a corporate stam than a city seal! I spend about fifteen to twenty minutes and came up with a better design :idea:
First off the seal:
Pocatello seal.png

Using a simple coat of arms seal, the shield symbolises the mountain logo from the flag, with a gold sky as the city was founded during the gold rush. A native American Headdress to reflect the fact that the city was named after a local chief who gave the railway right of passage through his reserve.
And from the seal comes the flag:
Pocatello1.png

Bearing in mind I only spent about 20 min on all this and its miles ahead of what they are currently using! Anyone else got any bad city flag corrections?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VoronX

Re: City Flags

Postby VoronX » 28 Jul 2015 00:44

The City and County of Fairfax. Currently Seal based.
Fairfax County:
719_FAIRFAX_COUNTY_FLAG_3.jpg

Seems a simple solution (from the arms):
fairfax-va-flag-proposal.png

City of Fairfax:
Currently:
us-vaffx.gif

Proposal (rough):
fairfax--city-va-flag-proposal.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Americas”