Alternative Ontario Flag (proposals)

Discussions on flags used in the Americas (South America, Central America, the Caribbean and North America)
henryk

Re: Alternative Ontario Flag (proposals)

Postby henryk » 27 Mar 2015 20:42

So, two shots.
I now favour:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

False Dmitri

Postby False Dmitri » 03 Apr 2015 19:46

Yes, the new logo barely works as a logo and definitely not as a flag.

The trillium itself, while a really good symbol, seems hard to incorporate onto a flag. At least, most proposed designs that I've seen seem not that strong.

Sammy's logo with the coat of arms looks great.

VoronX

Postby VoronX » 19 Aug 2015 23:36

I think this is a nice combination of the emblems:
trillium-maple-vex-ontario2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Krago

Postby Krago » 03 Dec 2015 19:28

Here's my shot at the title (now with working link!):

It keeps Ontario's green and gold colours, as well as the sprig of three maple leaves found on Ontario's coat-of-arms, but puts them in a modern design.

ododobe

Postby ododobe » 12 Mar 2016 17:55

And a late entry based on the the White Trillium flower.

Nathan Stevens
Amatuer Vexillologist / Professional Graphic Designer
New Zealand

Flag Explanation:Red, Black, White stripes on the hoist represent Tino Rangatiratanga, Maori Heritage, the Black and White on the fly represent Cornish ancestry.

seanriddolls

Postby seanriddolls » 05 May 2016 15:50

I am a professional graphic designer, with more than 20 years experience, having been the Head of Design in in three corporations. I've done branding for AT&T, Verizon, US magazine, Vice magazine, Shape magazine, and a slew of other companies. I have not been involved in national/provincial branding but having just moved from Toronto to Ottawa, I'd like to offer suggestions based on my experience:

The flag should contain the following characteristics:

• ASPECT RATIO: should be consistent with the other provincial flags: 1:2 (1x2)
  • FAMILIAR: it should be a recognizable logo, that Canadian citizens are already familiar with.
  • COLOUR: should be in-line with established colour schemes that are already in use.
  • SIMPLE: the logo should be modern, easy to recognize, not contain complex outdated British heraldry iconography
  • TRANSLATABLE: easy to transpose to printed materials, using the same Ontario branding.

Goldenboy

Postby Goldenboy » 27 May 2016 20:29

Someone should be sending these to Trudeau's office to see what he thinks. It would be a nice break from taking selfies and doing pushups! :P

Return to “Americas”