Alternative Ontario Flag (proposals)

Discussions on flags used in the Americas (South America, Central America, the Caribbean and North America)
Sammy

Re: Alternative Ontario Flag (proposals)

Postby Sammy » 31 Aug 2012 20:28

I really like your first design but I think the green and gold need somthing to seperate them. I think red, the red and white of the Canadian national flag works both with and without the maple leaf in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GoldenWest

Postby GoldenWest » 10 Feb 2013 10:17

I like the designs but I am still a supporter of the current provincial flag.

mapleleafforever

Postby mapleleafforever » 05 Sep 2014 04:33

Here are some designs I'd like to offer, any one of which would be attractive and which would have either a historical or vexillological basis. Sorry for the rough images - I'll improve upon them in future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mapleleafforever

Postby mapleleafforever » 05 Sep 2014 04:40

Here are some more proposals, all of which feature Ontario's official floral emblem: The Eastern White Trillium.

henryk

Postby henryk » 11 Sep 2014 20:04

The Ontario flag should not have a maple leaf. No other provincial flag does.
To stand out from the Canadian flag, it should not have significant red. Green and white perhaps?
It should have a stylized white tryllium. I prefer one.
Here is my choice:

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 11 Sep 2014 20:44

henryk wrote:The Ontario flag should not have a maple leaf. No other provincial flag does.
To stand out from the Canadian flag, it should not have significant red. Green and white perhaps?

1. I don't think it's a good argument against maple leaf. Maple leaf is undeniably related to Ontario. See, for example, the Toronto's flag and hockey team. Ontario's coat of arms predates the national one in many decades.
2. Green and gold are Ontario official colors. Loof at this governamental website.
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

henryk

Postby henryk » 12 Sep 2014 19:56

Leonardo Piccioni wrote:
henryk wrote:The Ontario flag should not have a maple leaf. No other provincial flag does.

1. I don't think it's a good argument against maple leaf. Maple leaf is undeniably related to Ontario. See, for example, the Toronto's flag and hockey team. Ontario's coat of arms predates the national one in many decades.
2. Green and gold are Ontario official colors. Look at this governamental website.

1. Ontario Coat of Arms also has a bear, a deer, a moose and St George cross. The trillium has been used as the common symbol for Ontario for years. Note the Ontario official tree is not the maple, but Eastern White the Pine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbols_of_Ontario
The Fleur de Lys has replaced the maple leaf as the Quebec symbol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_leaf
2. Good point.

Krago

Postby Krago » 01 Mar 2015 09:40

Here's my shot at the title:

henryk

Postby henryk » 11 Mar 2015 19:37

Krago, your image does not open for me.
henryk

Krago

Postby Krago » 25 Mar 2015 05:04

Return to “Americas”