St Helena, Ascension & Tristan da Cunha

Discussions on flags used in Africa.
VoronX

Re: St Helena, Ascension & Tristan da Cunha

Postby VoronX » 20 Aug 2015 00:30

I really like that one! I like the way that they are united, by each using colors of the other.

Hans L.

Postby Hans L. » 24 Aug 2015 21:51

Thanks. I made some versions that have either a bird (considering all three islands have birds on their arms) or three stars in the islands' geographical positions (displayed) as charge, though I'm not sure if they improve the flag:

GB-SH3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hans L.

Postby Hans L. » 24 Aug 2015 22:03

I might as well post my proposals for the individual islands here. See also Leonardo's proposals for the BOTs, including Helena, Ascension and Tristan separately, which he posted on his blog a few months ago (some of them are very similar to mine, also being modified banners of arms).

These Ascension flags are simplified banners of arms with straight stripes and the chevron moved to the hoist. I included a new proposal which keeps one of the birds.
GB-SH-AC1.png

GB-SH-AC2.png

My flags for Tristan all use the blue-white bicolor and counterchanged diamond (changed to a square version) from the arms. The first (not displayed) has one albatross in the canton; the second has none (quite similar to the flag of Greenland if you think about it); the third has four surrounding the diamond, like in the arms.
GB-SH-TA1.png

GB-SH-TA2.png

The final version of my flag for Saint Helena uses the traditional white and blue colors of Portugal, which originally discovered the island. The cross and flower at the hoist are based on the items held by the person of Saint Helena in the full coat of arms; a silhouette of the Saint Helena bird is in the fly.

GB-SH-HL1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Africa”