Montenegro - changed flag?

Discussions on flags used in Europe.
Lijenchina

Montenegro - changed flag?

Postby Lijenchina » 07 Oct 2013 23:37

To make simple flag of Montenegro is simple, here is proposal:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leonardo Piccioni

Re: Montenegro - changed flag?

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 08 Oct 2013 13:56

What's the meaning/inspiration?
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Lijenchina

Postby Lijenchina » 09 Oct 2013 00:53

The Cross was used before the Lion, as Lion is not easy-to-be-drawn-by-kids flag, than let return back to the cross, which is easy to be drawn for kids.

Slobodan Gluščević

Postby Slobodan Gluščević » 25 Jan 2014 17:10

Lijenchina wrote:To make simple flag of Montenegro is simple, here is proposal:

similar to the design of the flag existed during the XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX century, with a yellow spot was white.
It is the flag of the Montenegrin army troops that were used until the early twentieth century and annexation by Serbia.
The current flag has evolved from the royal banner from the nineteenth century.

Here's a modern flag of Montenegro.

Here the royal banner of King of Montenegro

and here's the flag of the Montenegrin army units
Image Image

Hans L.

Postby Hans L. » 06 May 2015 23:03

One of my proposed simplifications is coincidentally similar. It is basically the current flag with a golden cross pattée replacing the coat of arms, and a thicker border:

MEsimp3xl.png

Two others of my proposals are a banner-of-arms with simplified lion, and a tricolor with a cross in the canton. The red-blue-white tricolor is similar to the Serbian flag, but an identical tricolor seems to have been used separately by Montenegro. I think it is distinctive enough from the Serbian tricolor if the longer proportions and light blue color from the version adopted by Montenegro while part of FR Yugoslavia are used. The above plain-field-with-border designs may be better though.

MEsimp2s.png

MEsimp5f.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lijenchina

Postby Lijenchina » 29 Apr 2016 09:24

Proposed flag of Montenegro (1 September 2014) MEsimp5f.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 1512 times

This one last is EXCELLENT SOLLUTION for new Montenegro's flag! Simple tri-colour flag with the white cross! Easy for kids to draw.
:)

Return to “Europe”