what is your Personal flag?

Discussions on non-geographical flags and flags used in fictional works.
pticman

Re: what is your Personal flag?

Postby pticman » 05 Oct 2013 05:21

This is my personal standard as it flies with the US flag at my home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Meinsauer

Postby Meinsauer » 30 Dec 2013 12:39

Update:
arms10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnrafael

Postby johnrafael » 31 Dec 2013 03:10

Well, my personal flag (heraldic banner) has not been made ​​(I live in a small town, and here they only do stuff in large quantities), but when I manufacture it myself, it will look like this:

PaulJames

Postby PaulJames » 02 Jan 2014 09:11

It's very nice, but surely this is already the coat of arms of somebody or some place, probably since the Middle Ages?

johnrafael

Postby johnrafael » 03 Jan 2014 01:33

I verified Papworth Ordinary of Arms (British), Armorial Lusitano (Portuguese), Archivo Nobiliarchico Brasileiro (Brazilian), Armorials vectorized in Wikipedia (Polish and German), and not found any use of "Vert, semy fleurs-de-lys or". My Arms are registered with US Heraldry Registry and Registro Internacional de Armas Gentilicias. I'm also member of International Heraldry Society and International Association of Amateur Heralds. Looks like France Ancient, I know. But is not the same.

PaulJames

Postby PaulJames » 03 Jan 2014 09:17

johnrafael wrote:I verified Papworth Ordinary of Arms (British), Armorial Lusitano (Portuguese), Archivo Nobiliarchico Brasileiro (Brazilian), Armorials vectorized in Wikipedia (Polish and German), and not found any use of "Vert, semy fleurs-de-lys or". My Arms are registered with US Heraldry Registry and Registro Internacional de Armas Gentilicias. I'm also member of International Heraldry Society and International Association of Amateur Heralds. Looks like France Ancient, I know. But is not the same.

I know it's not the same as France Ancient ... I'm just amazed that nobody had taken it. I generally assume that all simple designs using traditional charges have long-since been spoken for. Perhaps not.

johnrafael

Postby johnrafael » 03 Jan 2014 10:22

I think I was the only one daring enough to do so.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 04 Jan 2014 22:58

I like the simplicity of it. For my taste, it's too elongated, but, obviously, it's not my problem.

I suppose you won't soon change your flag to something like this, will you? :lol:

france-modern-verde.png
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Sammy

Postby Sammy » 07 Jan 2014 23:06

Meinsauer wrote:Update:
arms10.png
Could you describe some of the components, I recognise some of the symbols from the original design like the arrowhead and trees, but there are some new components too, like the cactus plant and cockerel?
johnrafael, I like your flag its very distinctive, although I would personally use Leonardo's idea but that is just my personal taste, and of course what your flag looks like is of course up to you :)
How/why did you chose the symbols and colour scheme you did? just curious?

VoronX

Postby VoronX » 24 Jul 2015 22:22

(from http://www.flagsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1390)
XXXX1-normalized(16-595-9_3-595-16.png
voronxwaving.gif

Our last name, "Xarya" is the prime reason for the "X" motif. Also, my son is named "Xerxes". There is a symbolism of two Xs forming more Xs. The number 9 is special to me. The Octothorpe divides the flag into 9 parts. Our Son was born in 2008. The 8 arms represent this.

The white (argent) represents silver, the Moon, family, nurturing and healing.

The black represents Hard work, stability, discipline, the Earth, the Night, groundedness, stability, and our gothic (culture) roots.

The wine is a combination of red (vigor, passion, love, fighting spirit, and animal nature) and purple (spirituality, prosperity, royalty (our son is named after an emperor), wisdom, enlightenment, intellect) and symbolizes the combination of the lowest and the highest, the beginning and the end, the first and the last, for example like the colors of the rainbow.

There is also runic symbolism incorporated into the flag*. The Prime symbols are the Gebo (2 or 4 interlocking), Othala (4 interlocking), and Ingwaz runes (central diamond or 2 anglo-saxon versions interlocking), symbolizing partnership/giving/receiving, estate/family/land/possessions, and Harmony/unity/agreement/love, respectively. At the time this flag was designed, I was buying a new home (a tudor-style) for my family and this design effort is partly to commemmorate that accomplishment. Coincidentally, the development is named after Tantallon Castle in Scotland, so a saltire motif is rather fitting.

*-This has absolutely nothing to do with the political agendas of any other organizations, past, present, or future, that use flags that may incorporate runes or runic symbolism. I'm an occultist, and like symbols.

Return to “Other flags”